Ryan J. Hall
Ryan J. Hall is a graduate of the University of Washington and Seattle University School of Law, cum laude. He has experience in a variety of civil litigation areas. His current practice is primarily devoted to the representation of insurance companies in the adjustment, investigation, and defense of suspected fraudulent insurance claims. This includes defending insurance companies in resulting bad faith litigation.
Mr. Hall also represents a number of insurers in Washington regarding first and third party claims, including coverage disputes, adjustment concerns, and issues involving the duty to defend and indemnify. He is a member of the King County, Oregon and Washington State Bar Associations.
- Hepler v. Allstate, Cowlitz County Superior Court No. 12-2-00065-5 - in vehicle fire and theft loss case, obtained dismissal of all breach of contract and bad faith claims, and sanctions against Plaintiff in the amount of $5k.
- Shepard v. Foremost, 365 Fed. Appx. 76 (9th Cir. 2010) - unpublished memorandum - obtained defense verdict on all claims brought by insured boat owner whose boat had partially sunk due to improper maintenance as well as mechanical problems - affirmance that even marine policies are subject to Washington's principles of policy interpretation and that the subject exclusionary language was proper and enforceable as written.
- Kalish v. Foremost, Pierce County Superior Court No. 10-2-06368-0 - obtained defense verdict on all extra-contractual claims as well as claims for items allegedly taken from insured's residence as part of "vandalism and/or malicious mischief" when subject policy did not cover theft.
- Bell-Sanders v. Allstate, King County Superior Court No. 10-2-04298-9 SEA - obtained defense verdict on all claims brought by insured whose vehicle theft had been denied for fraud.
- Bedford v. SAFECO, King County Superior Court No. 02-2-16575-3 SEA - obtained defense verdict in $14MM water intrusion/collapse case.
- Wright v. SAFECO, 124 Wn. App. 263, 109 P.3d 1 (2004) - in first party claim lawsuit for bad faith and coverage for water loss, assisted in obtaining dismissal of all claims and affirmance on appeal.