Rick J Wathen
Rick Wathen is a graduate of the University of Utah and William Mitchell College of Law, cum laude, where he was a member of the William Mitchell Law Review. His practice focuses on litigation, including first party coverage, commercial litigation, construction defect, insurance fraud and third party insurance issues involving property coverage, construction defect and personal injury. Mr. Wathen also regularly represents parties in duty to defend cases involving potential covenant judgments.
Through the course of Mr. Wathen's career, he has taken thousands of examinations under oath and depositions. Mr. Wathen has successfully tried numerous cases to verdict involving first party insurance issues, bad faith, CPA and coverage matters. Mr. Wathen has also represented multiple companies in appellate matters. He is a member of the Washington State Bar Association and is admitted to practice law in Federal Court.
- Motorsports, LTD v. Mid-Century Insurance Co. - 2006 WL 1134954 (2006)
- Johnson v. Allstate - 126 Wn. App. 510, 108 P.3d 1273 (2005)
- Shekarchi v. Allstate - 2005 WL 1178053 (2005)
- Manteufel v. SAFECO - 117 Wn. App. 168 (2003)
- Schaeffer v. Farmers Insurance Exchange - 2002 WL 662889 (2002)
- Tornetta v. Allstate - 94 Wn. App. 803, 973 P.2d 8 (1999)